AFMC MBBS Entrance 2008
AFMC All India Test for MBBS Admission in 2008
AFMC MBBS 2008 Admission IMPORTANT DATES
AFMC 2008 MBBS Written Examination Date : 04 May 2008
AFMC MMBS Results of Written Exam : End May 2008, published in leading National newspapers and Employment news.
Sale of AFMC MBBS 2008 prospectus and application forms for 2008 MBBS course will be available at GPOS (list given below) from 24 December 2007 till stocks last or 01st February 2008
COMPLETED FORMS MUST REACH THE OFFICER-IN-CHARGE(ADMISSION CELL), ARMED FORCES MEDICAL COLLEGE, PUNE – 411040 BY 4 PM ON 05 FEBRUARY 2008
HOW TO GET AFMC 2008 MBBS APPLICATION FORM :
Prospectus and application forms can also be obtained by post from Officer-in-Charge (Admission Cell), Armed Forces Medical College, Pune – 411040 on payment of Rs. 250/- per copy, only by Bank Draft on an nationalized bank payable at Pune in favour of Commandant, AFMC, Pune, along with full postal address of the candidate on two separate slips of paper (size 9cms x 5 cms.) Please ensure that the Demand Draft bears the code number of the issuing bank. The candidate must write his/her name & address on the back of the Demand Draft. The candidate should enclose an application for obtaining prospectus and application form giving his/her particulars and address and enclose a self addressed envelope of 11″ x 13″ size and affix postage stamp of Rs. 55/-. Bank Drafts on any other banks other than nationalized banks, Money Orders, Cash or Postal Orders will not be accepted. Each request should be accompanied by a separate Demand Draft. Request for prospectus to be sent by post will be accepted from 24 Dec 2007 to 25 Jan 2008 upto 4 pm.
Prospectus and application forms can be purchased for Rs. 250/- in cash at the General/Head/Central/Main Post Offices located at the under mentioned places from 24 December 2007 till stocks last or 01st February 2008 WHICHEVER IS EARLIER:-
Agra Cantt HPO, Ahmedabad HPO, Ahmednagar HPO, Aizwal HPO, Allahabad HPO, Amabala Cantt HPO, Aurangabad HPO, Bagdogra HPO, Bangalore GPO, Bareilly HPO, Bathinda HPO, Belgaum HPO, Berhampur HPO, Bhopal HPO, Bhubaneshwar GPO, Chandigarh HPO, Chennai GPO, Coimbatore PO, Darbhanga HPO, Dehradun GPO, New Delhi (Gol Dakh khana) GPO, Delhi (Kamala Nagar) PO, Delhi (Krishna Nagar) HPO, Delhi (Lodhi Road) HPO, Delhi (Ramesh Nagar) HPO, Delhi (Rohini) PO, Dharamsala HPO, Dharwad HPO, Ernakulam HPO, Ferozpur HPO, Guwahati HPO, Gwalior HPO, Hyderabad GPO, Imphal HPO, Indore HPO, Itanagar HPO, Jabalpur HPO, Jaipur GPO, Jalandhar HPO, Jammu HPO, Jhansi HPO, Jodhpur HPO, Jorhat HPO, Kanpur HPO, Kolkata GPO, Kozhikode HPO, Lucknow GPO, Madurai HPO, Meerut HPO, Mumbai GPO, Nagpur HPO, Panaji HPO, Pathankot HPO, Patna GPO, Pondicherry HPO, Port Blair HPO, Pune HPO, Raipur HPO, Rajkot HPO, Ramgarh Cantt HPO, Ranchi GPO, Sambalpur HPO, Shillong HPO, Shimla HPO, Siliguri HPO, Srinagar HPO, Surat HPO, Tezpur HPO, Tinsukia HPO, Tiuchirapalli HPO, Thiruvananthapuram HPO, Udaipur HPO, Vadodara HPO and Vishakapatnam HPO.
To view results of written examination, click on “DGAFMS page” in http://www.indianarmy.nic.in
Date of Interviews : In June 2008 at AFMC Pune. Exact dates will intimated to successful candidates.
Final Result and selection List : Approximately in the 4th week of June 2008, published in leading National newspapers and Employment news.
To view final results and selection list, click on http://www.indianarmy.nic.in/dgafms/index.htm
ELIGIBILITY AND QUALIFICATIONS TO APPEAR IN THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION GENERAL:
A candidate seeking admission to the MBBS course is eligible to take the entrance examination if he/she fulfills the following criteria:
- A candidate should be a citizen of India or be a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or a person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan or any other foreign country with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Must be unmarried. Marrying during the course is not permitted.
- Should be medically fit as per prescribed standards by the Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence
- Must have attained the age of 17yrs on 31st Dec of the year of application, but must not have attained the age of 22 years on that date(Not more than 24 years in case of candidates who have passed or are appearing in final B Sc examinations).
Candidate must have passed all the subjects opted for in the first attempt of the qualifying examinations as a regular candidate with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken simultaneously and securing not less than 60% of the aggregate marks in these 3 science subjects taken together and not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in each of the science subjects. They must have also passed an examination in Mathematics of the 10th standard.
Number of Seats:
A total of 130 students (105 boys & 25 girls) will be admitted.
Syllabus For the AFMC 2008 Written Examination:
The general standard of the entrance examination will be that of 11th and 12th class under the 10+2 scheme/pre-medical/intermediate science or an equivalent examination of the State Education Board/Indian University
Method of Selection:
- Candidates who are found provisionally eligible as per the criteria of eligibility, will be called at one of the examination centres to appear in the competitive examination on 1st Sunday of May. Issue of admit cards. however does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility which will be further scrutinized at subsequent stages of selection.
- The written examination centre will be allotted to candidates depending upon the administrative arrangements for the examination and availability of adequate seating capacity.
- The Roll Number of the candidates who qualify for interview based on the above written examination will be published in the leading newspapers. The college/DGAFMS take no responsibility for any error or omission in the roll numbers published in the newspapers.
For any further clarifications contanct:
Admission Cell Tel. no 020 – 2682 0028, Fax no. 020 – 2687 4759
Sholapur Road, Pune – 411040